1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Pushin4U, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

I have a Meyer ST 7.5 and they Snow Deflector has about had it. Instead of buying the whole new kit, What about just buying the rubber?

What kind of rubber is it or what is the best kind of rubber to replace it with.

I want it strong so that way when I'm driving with it on it doesn't flap everywhere.

If anyone has any suggestions, Let me know! Thanks!

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i"m going to try and fab one using belt material!

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Try doing a search on Snow Deflectors. Most of us grab old conveyor belt from a quarry and mount it. Saves you money

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I've got a Meyer Plastic deflector and it isn't worth a darn. The snow goes right over the top onto the windshield.

5. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

hmm... guess I'll look around for some conveyor belt and use that. Beats paying 150.00 for some rubber protection

6. jaybsnow

jaybsnow Junior Member
    from MA

I know this thread was a year ago, but if anyone is still looking theres a guy on eBay right now selling various sizes of conveyor belt material pre cut so its purposed for snow deflecting for about 60 bucks.. and no I am not the guy selling it ha but i am thinking about buying some from him so if anybody does, let me know how it works