1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow deflector on a Ploy plow???

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by iakentdoz, Dec 23, 2005.

1. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Just thinking ahead here :dizzy: but does any one know ( or use) a deflector on there ploy plow? If so, where can I get one?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

try your nearest Snoway dealer. Snoway offers two types, then there's the aftermarket, offering a wide variety of style and types.
    I prefer the molded poly type myself, I want to enhance the roll not stop it like I think the flat polys or the rubber ones would. I have always used a deflector in the past. I started years ago on a 76 dodge with a meyers (I was young and foolish, I moved to Western then discovered SnoWay) Blow over is a real problem on the Meyer due to the mild curve and wearedge attack angle. After the Meyer's experience, which included the purchase of a windshield wiper transmission and a miserable night plowing I always have stuck a deflector on everything I own including my snoways, until I got this last blade. I'm in the position where I change blades alot and I like to experiment so I decided to see how a snoway preformed without a deflector.In my experiments with my 9'1" vee blade with-out wing deflectors I've found if I have my blade straight or very slightly scooped, at around 10/15 mph I can watch the snow curl forward away from the truck just like in the web site videos with virtually no blow over.
    I can see where a deflector will be necessary to prevent blow over in a soft powdery snow, I will add one for just that situation but I have had no problems in the last couple storms with-out one.
  3. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Sno-Way Deflector

If you are doing mostly driveways and short runs (slower speeds) blow over should not be a problem. If you have some longer runs where you are approaching 10-15 mph, you might want to consider the injection molded poly deflector offered by Sno-Way (part number 99100490). Contact your dealer, I would imagine he would have them in stock (all of my dealers do).

My suggestion is that if you have a regular route that you run during a storm, try it first without. If you find that you are getting more blow over than is tolerable, then add the deflector.

To see a picture of our deflector you can go to our website (www.snoway.com). Click on "Option Up", then click on the picture of the blade. You will see that are deflector is curved and not just a rubber flap. As Basher said, it keeps the snow rolling better.

Hope this helps and thank you for your purchase of a Sno-Way 26 Series Snowplow. We appreciate your business. If you get any pictures of your setup, please post them here for others to see.
  4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Thanks Rick, I will wait and if needed add the Sno-way deflector later.