1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflector MVP plus pic

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Green Grass, May 17, 2008.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone have a pic of there snow deflector on an MVP plus? did you cover the middle section cause the western kit does not allow you to
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The middle of the plow should be covered by the metal piece that holds the pivot pin in place.

Take a look at the upper left hand "bubble"...that's what I'm talking about.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I put the rubber kit you can buy from Western. After the first use I found the snow tunneling through the center as that metal lip doesn't do enough. So, I took the cut pieces and mounted them on the lip and it worked great.
  4. red gmc

red gmc Junior Member
    from vermont

I just put the kit on the way it came they suggest you cut one of the flaps for an 8 .6 but it worked fin in scoop and vee for me with out cutting no pinching or binding in the middle.
  5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

When your plowing rows the snow tends to roll a bit when your above 5mph. The snow then blows up the plow and the area not caught blows into your windshield. Hence why you bought the rubber kit. It's the center area - that nice metal jet they put on the plow is NOT enough by itself.
  6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

so just buy a chuck of rubber and set up the middle how the old MVP's where