1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector mounting...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Frozen001, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

So I bought this deflector for my 8' western pro plow

http://j-thomas.com/Catalog/307.htm

anyone have recommendations for the mounting location?? The image shows it on the forward facing portion of the curve on the moldboard, but I think that might be too low?? any thoughts??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I don't see any deflectors on that page, and I don't have my j-thomas cataloge handy.How about a pic?

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Click on the next page. I don't think it looks that low. Steve

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:D
    I see it now Steve!:D Usually on the Western's with a rubber style deflector, I take a piece of 1 1/2 angle iron and lay it on top of the rolled edge with one end facing up and the other facing back.This allow's you to mount the rubber deflector higher on the blade. Personally I think they look better that way too.

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I think I am just gong to clamp in on it different positions and see what I like best and go with it... this weekend.

I was looking on Western's website at how they mount there rubber ones, and notice the have a support at both ends called a curl brace... I think I may put that on too. shoudl be able to make on out an eye loop

curl_brace.jpg