1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflector metal snow foil idea. w/pics

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by matt9923, Jan 17, 2011.

1. matt9923

matt9923 Junior Member
    from CT

so i got a snow deflector i guess its called snow foil? it was pretty rough when i got it i had to straighten it up and repaint it. Came out good, last snow storm 24" or so i found the lip bending back and it was a paint to keep moving it back so i thought up the idea to use some gas cylinders to let it move but go back to where i want it so it doesn't block my lights.

seems to work well

the first one i did i left a little lose but found it would raddled when i drove so i moved it up a bit i'm pretty happy with it.

yes the plow needs to be cleaned and need some Meyer yellow.

2. matt9923

matt9923 Junior Member
    from CT

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Cool Idea, keep us posted as to how it works out for ya!:mechanic:
  4. Y-town IceMan

Y-town IceMan Junior Member

very slick. I have a 13" tall piece of 10ga stainless with beads rolled into it. seems to do the job. i'm jealous of the gas shocks tho.
  5. matt9923

matt9923 Junior Member
    from CT

got any pictures of it?
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice idea, never thought of a metel foil with shocks, let us know how it works out for you, (good or bad)
  7. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I love that! It sure beats the heck out of the factory rubber one that Myers sells, I bought a used plow, has one on it and its a POS!

I may just have to copy your idea..
    got more pictures?