1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector for a Western.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cleansweep007, Oct 22, 2008.

1. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Gotta question maybe someone can answer. I was wondering how effective snow deflectors are on your plow. Never had one last year and was thinking about getting one for this year. Are they a great assest to have for you plow. Whats some pro's and con's ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!

2. VBR

VBR Member

If you are doing only driveways they really dont do much. Pretty much useless under 10mph. They work well for bigger lots at faster speeds to keep snow from blowing over the top of the plow and on to your windshield.
  3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I got advice here also, I wound up making one for the cost of paint and bolts, I got the material at a local rock quarry, they have used conveyor belt, one side looks pretty bad but the other is smooth and clear so I cut it to fit with a jig saw, painted it, drilled holes through a metal strap (1/8thx 1 x 7-6'') and about every 7 or 8 inches installed a bolt and washer, done
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

If you want to see where your plowing-I suggest you get one installed. It wont stop all the snow from blinding you, but it helps. I guess it doesnt really apply to you if your backdragging driveways-depends on what your doing.
  5. jmainel1

jmainel1 Junior Member

I had an 04 Ford F350 with Pro Plus with Poly Deflector and it worked great...mostly do driveways and a few commerical accounts. It really helped with stacking and windrowing, but I just got a new one (pro plus) put on my '08 F350 and am considering the rubber one. Price difference is about $100 because of the shipping...