1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow deficit

Discussion in 'Weather' started by leolkfrm, Dec 14, 2012.

1. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

well as of tonight they are saying we are 16.5" behind on this years snowfall

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Crazy. We had 16.5" last weekend. We had over 1/2 of the total snowfall all of last year in one storm.

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i kno the feeling, its even alittle depressing at times, all the fall cleanups r done. Watching the weather forums, and models just makes me nuts, storm no storm ugh. i just try to keep busy, take my dog for walk, read, and even try to help with the house work at times, its early in the season, just take it one week and at time.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

One deficit I don't mine.

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

if the local news is right maybe we will get a little snow this week. Time will tell. Its early yet but sure seems a lot like last year, warms up it rains, gets cold nothing but atleast some parts of the U.S. have snow. I beleive its coming we just have to be patient.

6. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

this eerily similar to last winter :(

7. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

Last winter i had 3 bill-able plows! Lets hope this year is not a repeat, looking like its going to be though!

8. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

same here.....:cry:

9. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

The difference is I have a mix of seasonal and per push accounts. Thanks GV Thumbs Up

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Extended forecast says 40* right into January. Not looking good for snow.

11. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Looks like close to the same pattern as last year so far--warmer and drier for many parts of the country. Sections of the Upper midwest being the exception. A good bit of the Southeast back into the severe drought status which means the Gulf is still inactive. The Gulf of Mexico used to produce some powerful winter storms that would head far north and then east. Going on 7 years now that the Gulf hasn't produced much of anything. The SE used to have at least ice storms on a regular basis. I can't even remember the last Ice storm to hit SC

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  12. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

This year seems w

13. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Just think all our plows will be like new for next year:)

14. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Last decent storm we got in NC was in 09/10.

15. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

Yeah I don't see snow in Ohio until January. Temps are too high. I believe next winter will be snowy. This will be a repeat.

16. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

I was looking to get a new plow this year but if this keeps up there is no need for it , i will just keep limping the old plow around. hell it still sits in the back of the garage and the forcast tells me it can stay there for at least another week lol

17. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

as of this morning weather underground and accuweather are forecasting that we are suppose to get some cold air starting thursday night with snow and they say 2 to 4 between then and friday, its been so warm it probably won't be a plowing event but with the cold it should be a salting event.its also showing you guys north of me should see some as well, lets hope we do. But just in case i will hook up thursday as one of mine is a zero tolerance. I'm not holding my breath but i will keep my fingers crossed. Be Safe and Have a Merry Christmas

18. leolkfrm

neither doe my boss! payup

19. leolkfrm

i'm guessing salt only....at least the stores will close early monday

20. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So far 21 inches below normal.