1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Conveyor Belt?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hockeyfan7856, Dec 14, 2007.

1. hockeyfan7856

hockeyfan7856 Junior Member

The village dpw where I live uses a piece of machinery that has the front end of a snowblower that brings the snow onto a conveyor belt and into dump trucks behind it for snow removal. Does anyone have any pics of anything similar to this?
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

does it have scoops that help corral the snow onto the conveyor?
  3. neman

neman Member
    from Mass

Probably an Athey belt loader, I don't think they are made anymore. Penn-Hazle Equipment appears to have some used ones, try this link:

Update: Athey was bought out by Leeboy, try this link:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. HC plower

HC plower Member

5. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

theres a town near me that still has one i think, a buddy of mine works for them, i'll ask him to snap a few pics of it if its still kicking around
    when i was a kid i could remember them working nights to clear the downtown area with it
  6. hockeyfan7856

Yes, it's very similar to the leeboy.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  7. hockeyfan7856