1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow comming?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by chuckers, Jan 18, 2006.

1. chuckers

chuckers Member

A LOW IS EXPECTED TO FORM OVER NORTHERN KANSAS LATE TONIGHT. THIS
    LOW WILL MOVE INTO NORTHERN ILLINOIS BY FRIDAY EVENING. WE EXPECT
    RAIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND THE RAIN IS FORECAST TO CHANGE TO SNOW
    FRIDAY NIGHT. THERE MAY BE SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION LATE
    FRIDAY AND EARLY SATURDAY ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST
    ILLINOIS.

I hope they are right

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Just checked NOAA, Accuweather, and weatherunderground.com and all call for 60-70% signifigant snow accumulations for Chicagoland Friday Night into Saturday. But for some reason weather.com calls for NOTHING. Guess its a guessing game now. Hopefully it stays around freezing for the next couple of days so it sticks if it does come.

Ken

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

They are talking 6+ of wet heavy stuff for my area Friday night/Saturday morning. I am in the S.E. corner of Iowa so we might get a little different forcast then you guys. I just hope they are right. I have the plow sittin in my driveway just itchin to be used.

William

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Make sure u dont hook it up otherwise u'll scare the storm away. ATTENTION !! Keep your plows off. Even though I'm back to school I still iching to push some white stuff.

Ken

5. chuckers

chuckers Member

What i'm noticeing I wont have to hook up maybe just spread a lil salt if even that.