1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Commander

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bdlawncare, Dec 13, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Hey if anyone is familiar with this model, I was wondering a few things... 1.) do you like it overall... and 2.) has it been reliable for you. I guess my main question is that my buddy who owns a power equiptment store just got one of these in from a cusomter that used it at home for 2 years including last which wasnt much in NJ.. haha. well he went over the whole thing new paddles new carb gaskets, new scraper. pretty much made sure everything was ready to go. Do you guys think that $600.00 is a fair price? oh btw it comes with like a 2 year warranty because his shop went over the whole thing. If anyone has an idea let me know i really dont know what these things go for.

2. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Noone on here uses one of these?! or has any info... find that hard to believe. sorry for not putting TORO. in the first post lol

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I've never had one, and I thought they quit making them several years ago. I've heard others on here say they liked them, but lifting them on / off trucks was difficult because of the weight. For home use they would be good I assume. I think $600 would be ok with a 2 year warranty. Sorry I can't offer more. They had strong engines, and I've liked all my Toro single stage blowers.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have one that I purchased last year that was 5 years old for $150. Went to toro dealer to get new paddles for it and the owner told me he would give me $450 for it. Homeowner used it and was tired of doing his drive and hired me to take care of it. It is one heavy single stage snow blower and it gets up and goes and throws snow quite well. I leave it at one of our larger sites with lots of walks in our storage container. If you plan on pulling in and out of your truck by yourself thag will get old real quick. That seems like a good price as they were close to a grand new and if he is giving you a two year warranty I would be happy with it. New paddles scraper bar and belt is a $100 dollar value right there alone. At least offer him $550 and see if he bites. Hope this helps.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Dodge made one several years ago, came from the factory with a meyer plow

6. WIPensFan

:confused: What?

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Yep, Dodge built Snow Commander pick ups (I know your talking snow blowers) back in the 70's and 80's. They came from the factory with a plow and I'm sure there were other little difference's from a regular Dodge truck. Every now and then I see one in my area. It was a pretty good idea IMO... View attachment snow commander.bmp

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. WIPensFan

Thumbs Up....Thinking outside the box, I gotcha.