1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Commander Find....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wrtenterprises, Jan 27, 2010.

1. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Myself, like others on this board, felt very betrayed that Toro decided to discontinue the Snow Commander series a couple of years ago. I have spent the last two Winter seasons picking threw C-list and eBay looking for quality used units with little success.

Well, yesterday I found a new in the crate 2007 Snow Commander. Needless to say I was very happy. Best of all, I do not believe the gentleman I purchased the unit from had any idea of the gold nugget in his grasp. I paid $499.99 for the blower, which retailed years ago for $1,100.00 as this one has electric start.

Happy Valley is a great place, at least today.....

2. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

we love our toro ccr 2450s that they discontinued 2 years ago. BS toro

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I thought we were talking about the 70s and 80s dodge trucks that came with a plow, oh well! I bet the blowers are cool too!!

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

are they that good. never seen one in action. i found a nice one for sale also for 575 obo. i may go after it.

5. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Yes, they are. I paid $750 for my used one (barely) and would gladly pay 1K for another "new" one. Delivered, of course.

6. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

The only drawback is that they are over 100lbs. It becomes a tough lift for one man after a few properties. You need ramps if solo. I have never used a single stage that preformed better....