1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow coming through V on boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by catskillpond, Jan 20, 2010.

1. catskillpond

catskillpond Junior Member

Hello need a little help we installed boss 10 foot v plows on are F 550 we are having problem on snow coming through the v at the top of the plow and loading up on winsheilds We have rubber flaps on front hanging down that work well but need to know if someone has come up with a piece for the top v to prevent snow from blowing through.

Thanks scott

2. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

3. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

Call your dealer, boss has a deflector kit thats includes everything you will need.

4. catskillpond

catskillpond Junior Member

thanks

You think that the plows would come with this what a pain in the ass I guess it was an after thought that the designer did not expect. We also had the problem of snow being channeled into the air intake had to get covers for the front grills air cleaner element would ice up.

Thanks for the reply
    Scott

5. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Carefully monitor the transmission temp with the grille covered. Dont rely on the gauge in the dash either. Its not accurate.

6. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I thought the same... I forget what I paid for the deflector, but it was waaaaaay too much considering the price of the plow. It's not like they were scraping parts together to get these things out the door for $3K or something... On top of that, the center deflector is forever ripping out - I know others have this issue as well... I just had my plow down at the dealer (for some **** I should have know better about), and he repaired it again while he had it - He's done it 2 or 3 times, and I've done it 2 or 3 times. Tried washers, larger washers, stacked washers, tightening the connection, leaving it loose, whatever... This last repair lasted 1/2 an hour of cleanups before ripping out. :laughing:

Luckily - that is the only thing about the plow that isn't totally bomb proof.