1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Come and Get It

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by duramax03049, Feb 29, 2008.

1. duramax03049

duramax03049 Junior Member

i know alot of guys on the forum. havent had the best of seasons and are lacking in snow. well up in the wonderful granite state (NH) we might break our all time record of snowfall. me personally, im sick of it. im tired im sick and i just want spring for the love of god. and to think its only march a whole other month of this. so who ever wants to plow just come up and drop a blade its all yours just take it its free
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I second that motion. I :waving:could use a vacation.
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

just think though. we are northeast plow people. tough as nails and taking care of business. get er' done.

at least that is the image. why did you have to post that and go and ruin it? :cry:
  4. the end is near

the lakes are frozen and the sun came out for 6 days in a row ( more than all of January).
    System snow and Clippers are missing us.
    The birds are singing and Robins have been seen in town.

The snow isnt bad. Its the ice underneath that is killing me.
    Hang on and dont hit the banks too hard
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I felt that way last march because we had a really snowy march but unfortunately MN had a bust of a winter this year.
  6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

We also are only 2 inches or so from our all time high. February beat the record. I am also tired. The kind of tired that takes awhile to get over.
  7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, who would have thought Iowa would get almost twice the amount of snow the twin cities have up to this point? I wish I would have put a $20 on that bet in Vegas! I bet I could have gotten like 10,000 to 1 odds. As of right now I'm about a month behind schedules for houses I have going right now that are supposed to be done the first part of June. They are supposed to be getting framed now and I don't even have the holes dug yet:cry:

Oh, for me those aren't tears, it's sweat
  8. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

From N.H. as well. I still amazes me that we have had all this snow, there have been like 40 roofs cave in and people still are not bright enough to shovel theirs off. Then they go on the news and say something that lets us know how stupid they are.
    At least todays storm was light fluffy stuff, the last few have been heavy wet crap.
    My old lady was complaining 18th of Feb. that she hadn't seen me. I said well its snowed 13 out of the last 18 days!
  9. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We're south of you (but still in Wisconsin) and we also just had another event. Its put us in the top 10 snowiest winters. Yahoo! Now about that bill for the tranny, and all the other stuff that got broke or wore out.....
  10. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

im starting to get sick of the snow to... it wouldent bad if it wasent day after day every week, getting up at 3am to go out in the cold gets old after a few months. but o well its better than no snow lol.
  11. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Yes me too I have had it with this winter,hard to keep my guys motivated when it snows every other day.Come on spring can't wait to smell that stink instead of the white stuff.Can't even get out to enjoy my new snowmobile,and my famliy life is really taking it's toll
  12. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

Yeah, I am getting sick of the snow too but what really gets me is the lack of salt now. You can't get it anywhere. I have resorted to using water softener salt. Other than all that, I have had record months all winter as far as money goes.
  13. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

How does the water softner salt work is it the same as regular salt.Going to need some salt tonight going to get some freezing rain.
  14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Move to Longisland. All we got was about 9".
  15. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Yep. 1 week off then the next week anywhere from 2-4 storms. Been this way since thanks giving. My wife has gone out with me to plow several storms now just so she can spend time with me. My son too. But just think of all the money we are making. I have my own good sized route. And I sub for 4 different guys also. I usually am covering for at least 2 of them each storm. Last week it was all 4, Talk about putting in the hours lol. But I just look at it this way. I make about $3,000 per storm just from my route. So it has been a real nice winter. I am finally going to buy a backhoe in the next 2 weeks. I don't have a choice anymore as all my res and 2 of my com. customers have no more room to put any snow. Literally. I have to move it and am not willing to pay someone else to do it. I could get a loader for short $ but can make more $ with a backhoe in the other 3 seasons than with a loader.
  16. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

The water softener salt works the same or even a bit better. You have to get the coarse salt, not the big pellets. I found it was even a little bit cheaper but I bought my local Menards out of it, as they didn't have much left anyway.
  17. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I hear ya guys... this is my first year and boy oh boy did Toronto get blasted this year. Almost record breaking...... Im so tired of snow lol
  18. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Yes we have had record snow this year in Rockford and it is OK with me since I bought a new plow in jan. and its pretty much paid for I cant complain.:yow!:
  19. duramax03049

duramax03049 Junior Member

blazin, im from southern NH and yea i fully understand about the lady issues. i blame part of the breaking up with my girlfriend this week on the snow all this winter. her birthday was on december 13th when it snowed she really liked that. and we were suppose to go to boston. but just never had time with all the god damn snow. half the weekends were lost to plowing then sleeping to fix your body schedule and seems like a storm every week.
  20. GoSnow

GoSnow Junior Member

I'm soooooooooo glad i quit last year!:redbounceussmileyflag