1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Clerance Glasgow Scotland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Landscope, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Landscope

Landscope Junior Member

Hi All,

Landscope have finally taken the big plunge! We have bought a snowplough which mounts on the front of one of our Land Rovers (the Defender) to allow us to look at expanding our winter maintenance business. have a look at our web site for some pictures www.landscope.me.uk I would appreciate any comments on what you all think.

Last year we cleared snow with a small ride on tractor that worked very well, in fact we still intend to use it for any pathways if required but the cold was just a little too much for me to take. This year I should be much warmer inside the cab and also much quicker! We have also bought a snowex tailgate spreader for salt application.

So if any of you guys are needing some snow cleared or salt spread then please feel free to contact me, mind you we are only working in and around Glasgow and Central Scotland, well we may travel as far as Edinburgh. Not quite far enough for you guys over there in the US right enough.

Cheers

Brian

2. William Brett

William Brett Member

Real good to see another british guy on here. I have decided to take the gamble as well this year, so lets hope its a white winter this year for both of us. Im sure you will see more than me down in somerset though. Hope you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the plough?

3. Landscope

Landscope Junior Member

Hi William, its costing just about £3000 + VAT. Thats fitted too and with a waranty! The guys that i am getting it from are fantastic. It slews left and right and up and down from within the cab all electrohydraulic. cant wait for the first snowfall!!

just need to find the work for it!!

What are you planning on using down there?

Cheers

Brian

4. William Brett

William Brett Member

Sounds good who is it made by?

Would really like a landi with plow, one day maybe.

At the moment have a vito with a snowex gritter and an Agria 2 wheel tractor with a 1m plough and then have a backhoe which will sub in if needed, oh and all the normal people powered kit.

5. Landscope

Landscope Junior Member

Cool, I have a husqvarna proflex 4x4 rider with a 1m plough on the front which is great and I used that for the last couple of years but now I am hoping for something better for this year.

how do you find the snowex? I waiting on the 1575 getting fitted. are they good do they use loads of salt, any tips???

Cheers

6. William Brett

William Brett Member

Hi bought the 575 this year so havent run any salt through it other than for testing didnt buy anything biger as you know how infrequent a hard winter is over here and how reluctant people are to spend money before it snows. But does chuck salt like crazy infact probably too fast so, have made a whole load of mods to it, to get it up to the spec I want, will try and post some pics adventually, give me a call if you want to chat and I will fill you in on the mods I have made. My number is 07970893967.