1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Chief...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Humvee27, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Well, this is my 07 Dodge Snow Chief with a Hiniker Poly 8' blade....I'm making a backblade (more on this later) and I just had a Buyers spreader delivered...first new truck I've ever owned....otherwise it's been the old clunkers. Cheers!

Snow Chief 1-1.1.jpg

Snowchief 1-1.1.jpg

Snowplow 2-1.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

So what's the snow chief edition come with that others dont. I love the way your truck looks!

3. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Just the plow prep package. The one I use is also a snow chief, but I had the stickers taken off before we picked it up.
  4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice set-up...how did the first push of the year go?
  5. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Awesome....I was out with the truck about 6 hours...no issues whatsever...I do like the way the truck handles with or without the plow on....I have about 60 drives that are done with the skidsteer and tractors, I do the commercials and a couple drives with the truck. I think the backblade will speed up the resi's alot though....it's really nice cause you just rinse out the rubber floor when it's all mudded up....
  6. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I thought about taking off the stickers but it pissed off a boss I have so it's gonna stay on for now.....The plow prep package is nice....have you noticed any problems with lights dimming if your using the windows or kick in the fan? I haven't yet but a buddy running the same truck had it happen.....
  7. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Nice rig, Last January I was through Madison, the DOT uses alot of salt. I would hate to drive that nice of a rig down the highway.:cry:
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck I looked at one last winter in white nice trucks
  9. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

:gunsfiring:I know, my truck was white all winter last year due to them:realmad:....until they ran out of salt..lol.....
  10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

You never gonna get a big enough alternator to get away from dimming lights
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

nice rig was it a leftover?
  12. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Yep...plus employee pricing with lifetime powertrain warranty was enough to sell it for me....little over 21k...I am certainly happy with it....26k on it already and no issues....i pulled trailers most of the summer with it.
  13. joelbouch

joelbouch Senior Member

hey is that an 08 or 07 and and ive got the same truck but blue and sxt but ive got the plow prep package too but you should have vynil flooring
  14. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

07.....the floor is a full rubber covering...or at least that's what I thought it was....whatever it is, it's great for cleanup...just rinse it out....:)

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

humvee, i dont like dodge but that is really sharp but i already said that.
    all my trucks have a vinyl floor very nice.

i have a hard on for the hummer ht3 p/u.i built my own and with the v8 its at 40000. the main thing that scares me is if the brand gets sold or shelved, that would really suck. oh well thats what happens lol
  16. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, gotta love the Dodge!
  17. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

Nice truck ugly plow
  18. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Whats wrong with the plow?

Thats a good looking setup.

The GM/Dodge dealership runs a regular cab Snow Chief with a Western V on it to clear the lot.
  19. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

looks like a beast in the snow
  20. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Jealous? lol, j/k.....I like, it works well, just like the rest of the Hinikers I've owned...I owned a couple Bosses and Westerns but they sucked for dealer support around here so this is what I got...

Thanks. I'm trying to build my fleet around the red/black theme so I don't know what I'm gonna do when I start looking at my JD's.....or my skids.....oh, so many decisions.