1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow cabs ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WOODY367, Jan 30, 2004.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Does anyone know of a company the will custom make snow cabs for old farm tractor? I have one I use at time to do small areas or sidewalks. I am looking to get a vinyl or steel cab made for it. I have looked for one that was made for it but they are near impossible to fine. Thanks for any help.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  3. Chopper14225

Chopper14225 Junior Member

I could build one for you. I'm in Buffalo - I don't know how far you are from here.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah I would build one also. Just a couple od pieces of steel, and get canvas from a boating place. :cool:

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

When I was a kid we had a Farmal Cub with a plow and a canvas cab. Dad put an extension on the top of the mold board and it could really push some snow on our 1/4 mile drive.
    It had a 1/4 steel rod stock frame covered with canvas. It bolted to places on the tractor and bungie cords held it in places here & there. It had skirts down the side that directed the hot air from the radiator into the cab for heat. It was nice and toasty plowing, after a while you would start to sweat. Bet the blue cheap tarps and steel conduit with a bender could be used to make a cab that would work.

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

mickiRig1, The Farmall Cub is exactly what I what it for. Would you have any photos of it so I could get an idea what it looked like?I had the opportunity to buy one about 10 years ago but didn't have the money at the time. What a mistake that was. I have a friend that owns a welding shop that said get some pics of what I want and he would try making something. I also have another friend that does auto/boat recovering. Thanks for all the replies. I may call on some for help.

7. MickiRig1

I send my Dad an E-mail see if he has pictures of the tractor with it on. I know the frame was 1/4 steel rod stock that was bent into the right shapes. It was covered in canvas and was made for the cub. It was open at the top and back, we bugie corded a roof over it with a tarp.

8. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

bringing to top. :)

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the people that make the curtis plows do that stuff

10. MickiRig1

From MickiRig1 - Senor:
    I don't think I have any pictures of the cub with the winter cab.
    It was a pretty simple set-up. Two hunks of heavy oiled canvas,
    one for each side. They were connected across the grill with (3) three straps. Two (2) straps went over the top of the engine to hold them up and two (2) under the engine. There were grommets to put hooks into. There was a bent metal bar on each side that went on the equipment mounting holes at the rear of the engine. They held the canvas out so the fan could blow engine heat back on you.
    There was a metal rod that was bent like a "U" that went around the front of the steering wheel and back along sides to the rear of the seat. There was a bracket on the steering column and one at the axle on each side. There was another small hoop that held a little windshield, it was fastened on to the other rod.
    Maybe he can figure out what I discribed.