1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow business or Snow Magazine????

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ProSno, Mar 6, 2006.

Which version do you like

1. Old style with business interview

5 vote(s)
  2. New style with just Tech articles

4 vote(s)
  1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Does anybody remember when Snow business had a feature company on the cover every month and a story about that business? now it doesnt have that anymore and I see Snow magazine does, which version of snow business mag did you like? please vote:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Just bringing this up to the top for some input, thanks guys.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

It doesn't make that much of a difference to me. Quite honestly I haven't related to any articles featuring a business yet. When someone features Joe Snow Opps with sales less than $100k, then I will be able to relate, but hearing about some dude making serious scratch bores me.

If your looking for the headline article Snow Magazine does that. Sima's Snow Business and Gie's Snow Magazine are very similar and I confuse them alot, just like with Landscape Management and Lawn and Landscape.

But I enjoy reading them all.
  4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

When I read how someone claims they made 2 billion in one year in a 2 inch snow market after being in business 1 year with 2 trucks and 500 subcontractors I have a hard time finishing the article. The tech articles are almost like reading the owners manual on that piece of equipment. But then who would want you to know more than the manufacture of the equipment?
    After reading the tech articles on salt spreaders I see a lot of info on bearings was omitted. I base the statement on a 40 hour class I took on bearing life improvement.