1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Business Magazine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, Oct 4, 2002.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Snow Business Magazine just hit the street. Alot of you may have already received it, or will receive it in the next day or so.

I think that it's very well done, considering it's the first time a snow industry magazine has been done as a "stand alone" publication.

A lot of you will finally get to see what Chuck Smith looks like..... only thing is.... NO HAT !! Chuck rarely goes without a hat....
  2. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

How do we go about getting a subscription? You aren't going to leave us hanging are you?
  3. ksimpson

ksimpson Junior Member

Don't leave me hanging John!! How do I find the magazine?
  4. John Allin

As of today the Snow Business web site is still under construction (I just went and looked)....

However, I do believe you can sign up by emailing the Editor of Snow Business (Steve Smith) at ssmith@gie.net

Give him your address and company name, and he'll make sure you get on the subscription list.... It's free to those in the industry.
  5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Can one assume that if you received it through Lawn and Landscape, you will automatically receive it as a free standing magazine ?
  6. ksimpson

ksimpson Junior Member

Thanks for the input John.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks fantastic, haven't had time to read it yet, just quick glanced through it.
  8. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I'm going to the post office to see if my copy has arrived. I'd bet because I am subscribed to L&L, that there might be one in my box, too! :)
  9. John Allin

Your assumption is correct. If you get L&L and if you're in snow country (and you are, even if it didn't feel that way last winter), you'll get Snow Business. Just make sure to sign up with the post card inside to ensure you'll continue to get it......
  10. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I want in im excited i just sent an email to the gentleman.

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

just got my snow bussiness issue today looks good.and yes Chuck does not have his hat on in the picture.:)
  12. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Did it come in the latest issue of L and L with Perficut on the cover? I havent recieved any snow Business since like last March. I think you were feautred in there abuot the Olympics in Salt Lake. I havent gotten the new L and L yet but should i go ahead and email Steve?
  13. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

This I would be interested in!, although SIMA is a valuable organization I have don't believe its up to having an having international impact, though no doubt the information availible from it, is valuable to both sides of the border. A magazine that provides information and hopfully education on our industry is a welcome idea. Sign me up!

14. John Allin

Interestingly enough, one of SIMA's Board members is from Canada.... Bob Wilton from Clintar's.... and he doesn't quite share your feelings about "international impact"....

In fact, SIMA has about 150 members from Canada......

It is not in L&L anymore...it's stand alone. The last one WAS the issue with me on the cover about the Olympics... this one (we're talking about here) is the next issue. If you don't have it in Saturday's mail... then email Steve Smith and he'll get you on the mailing list.
  15. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Yep John my issue came this morning thanks.
  16. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I got mine with my Pro magazine today. Is it the small 12 page magazine that came inserted or is it something else you are talking about?
  17. John Allin

What's in Pro is a small insert that they put in there once (or maybe twice) per year. Snow Business is a full blown, stand alone magazine dedicated solely to the snow industry. It is published by the same people that put out Lawn & Landscape Magazine, Interior Business, and a few others.
  18. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't get one in the mail today. :(

I'm going to email Steve to put me on the list.