1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ChevyHDkid45, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

I have a bobcat 743 and i am looking at a 72 inch snow bucket for it. I am wondering if this is the right size for this piece of machinery or could i go bigger without having issues with power. Please let me know what you guys think and what you are using on your skids. It is a kubota diesel. Thanks!

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

that should work just fine.....any bigger and that machine will have a hard time staying on all 4's with a load of heavy/wet snow, let alone dumping into a truck.

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I know a few guys that have 751 and 753 machines that run 80 inch snow buckets. They do pretty good! I have a 100 inch snow bucket! You will be fine and you will love it! If those guys can load trucks with those you will be in good shape.

4. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

How does your machine compare to a S185? Bobcat makes an 88" snow bucket for the S185 (1850# work load). If your machine is similar in weight and HP you should be able to use one of these as well.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

743 is over 1000lb lighter and between 15 & 20 hp less than a 185....88 is to much for that machine IMO. I say this from running both, I have personally owned a couple 185's, and my father-in-law has a 743.

6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

This is good to know. I have a 753 with the standard 60" OEM bucket. I imagine these snow buckets weigh a subtancial amount even when empty. I think my safe lift capacity is 1300#.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

they are lighter than reg CI or LP buckets (thinner steel). A 72 snow bucket is probably close to the same weight as your standard 60 inch.

8. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

What is CI or LP?

I have seen various kinds of snow buckets. Do you prefer the kind that have screen or a way to see through the top of the bucket so you can see cutting edge? or do you use the type that look like a giant dirt bucket?

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

CI = Construction/Industrial bucket ("usually" the standard bucket that comes with a machine)

LP = Low Profile bucket

Never used one with the mesh, just solid style like dirt bucket. Worked just fine.