1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Broom Set-up?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mr_tiggy, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy Member

hello, I was just wonder if anyone would know who sells broom attachements like the ones shown here
    http://www.snowexproducts.com/?page_id=212
    I am looking to get something set up for next season. I am located in sask, Canada and it would be great if I could find something in Canada. I haven't decided what vehicle it will be going, though currently I have a 93 Dakota.

2. dbarkie11

dbarkie11 Junior Member

To me that thing looks absolutely worthless unless you have nothing but powder, and very little of it at that. It would however work on your truck without question. you would probably have to be constantly "sweeping" during a storm as well because i cant imagine it being able to handle 4" of snow or anything even close to that

3. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy Member

I am doing mostly residential right now and it will be a learning curve to see how much snow it can handle without to much trouble. With me I will most likely be heading out to plow/sweep when 3-4 inches have fallen(even if the snow hasn't stopped yet) and then go back when it actually does stop. So far this year we haven't had many large dumps of snow and I think the broom would have probably worked better than a plow. I just think I might be less wear and tear on the drives? Also, it looks as though I will have to buy a plow any how so that I have something to mount this broom to...so potentially I should have both :)

4. dbarkie11

dbarkie11 Junior Member

if it were me, i would just get a western HTS, its made specifically for half ton trucks, would work on your 1/4ton dakota too. weighs only like 400 lbs, and removes in seconds. to me that would be far more versitile than the broom. just my .02 though

5. speedy

speedy Senior Member

6. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy Member

Yeah, I did see that thread. Though I was looking to see if someone could tell me where to buy just the broom similar to the ones pictured there or where to buy one that is already set up, like the one at snowex?

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Useless waste of money, IMO.

8. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I'll have to give my wife a hand with the kitchen floor, Drive right in between plowing.