1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Box Rubber

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fishbones, Dec 17, 2010.

1. fishbones

fishbones Junior Member
    from va

I bought a snow box/pusher last year & pushed 3 snows last year with it ,no problems. This year ,first snow,the rubber tore. Bought a 2nd box this year,first snow rubber tore in 3 places about 4-5 inches each. I set the first one up the way the salesman told me to do ,1/2 inch below shoes. The second one I set about an inch below the shoes. I know we hit some ice with the first one & I thought that might have torn the rubber, but was no ice on the lot we used the second one. The rubber on both is 1" thick, could this be the problem, should I:redbounce go to 1 1/2" thick rubber. OR are my men riding these boxes on the back of the shoes that maybe causing the problem. Looking at the shoes of the new one this seem to be what happened. Looking for any suggestions you guys might have to correct this problem. Also I would like to here from some pros with these boxes how to correctly set one up & a good supplier to order the rubber from. Thank you!
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

we can get any rubber edge you want.