1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blowing.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DRP Mowing, Sep 17, 2004.

1. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

Hi all. I am new to the snow removal and am going to be getting into it a little. I have 3 small drives so far. anyway How many of you use snowblowers? The drives are pretty small that i will be doing.Like 15 x 20 and 15 x 40. here is a pic of the blower. I dont know the going rait here and would like some input on pricing. Thanx.

2. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

I have several 20x20 parking spaces that I do with snowblower. They are all in one stop and I charge each customer $15 week. I average 2 pushes per week, about 5 (x2) minutes for each customer. I'd charge more if I was making a special trip for one single customer.

I've used Ariens snowblowers, they are high quality units, but I don't like how they feel rearend heavy (maybe this has changed since). When I was using it, I had lift up on the handles to keep the front down. Maybe it was just the unit I was using. Also they are pretty expensive. I will say that they are well built. I use a Craftsman 9 hp 26 or 27"? I know some people really slam Craftsman, but the blowers seem to be good quality. Side by Side with an Ariens: Same motor (tecumseh), same transmission, same tires, slightly less sturdy controls and chasis, but not much difference.