1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Nov 11, 2010.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

I am in my 2nd season of snow removal. I was wondering what I could use so the snow don't stick to the snow blower, I heard you could use oil cooking spray. I was just wondering if you guys know of something else or had good results with the cooking spray. Thanks for any help or reply's.

POWER STROKE

2. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

I have herd that cooking spray works, but my neighbor just told me yesterday that he used that last year and did not like it. I have also herd some on here say WD-40, Fluid Film, and I think I will be trying the spray that I found this year for my mowers. It works so great on the mowers, it cut wayyyyyyy down on deck cleaning. In fact, If I did not see it with my own eyes, I would not have ever believed it......Its called MOW-DECK.....The same company sells another version that shows them using it on snow blowers, but my dealer thinks its the same stuff.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I use Fluid Film on my blower, salt spreaders, as well as on all my plows. It cuts way down on the snow sticking as well as rust forming, so it's a two for one deal. You can get it at most John Deere dealers, or look it up on line.

4. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

How often do you have to put that on snow blowers?

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think there is any way to over apply it, but I spray it on my blower every other event. I spray my salt spreaders every event, and my plows every couple events.