1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowing, Shoveling,Ice melt rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tommy8800, Nov 6, 2011.

1. tommy8800

tommy8800 Junior Member

Hello i am bidding on a job that will require clearing of walkways and ice melt. Can someone please give me a heads up on going rates ? I have been plowing for 16 yrs and try to get 125.00 per hour with my 8 ft plow any help would be greatly appreciated thank you !
  2. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

If you've been plowing for 16 years, and try to get $125/ph with your 8ft plow, shouldn't you already know this answer by now?

Just. Sayin.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe he never had to do sidewalks before.
  4. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

16 years and never touched a sidewalk? Why start now? /shrug.
  5. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I love pedestrian passageways. I bid them out at 3/4 of the truck and driver rates. The Toros make quick work of them relative to 2 stage operations. Meyer Hotshot spreader and absolute Zero mag chloride. I took the price of the ice melt, incl handling fees, charge it out by the pound and charge handwork rates for application. I look for sites that are heavy on ped passageway and med on plowing, lowball the plowing and highball the handwork. always a mix of mag and sand, more or less depending on the nature of the event.

Good luck,
  6. fci

fci Senior Member

Wow he posted that 6 days ago and no one has tried to sell him some estimating software.:laughing::laughing:
  7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

that's a good one :laughing:
  8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Anybody buy that software?
  9. peterng

peterng Senior Member

No. I've got some pretty good production numbers for my operation from detailed records from years past. It'd be great stuff for someone just getting in perhaps though I dunno.