1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blowing/shoveling advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by farmerkev, Oct 9, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ok, so I dont know where to post this so it'll go here, because I have beenon here long enough and have read plenty to quit making posts in the new to the industry forum. Y'all have learned me a lot bout this snow stuff! :jester: Anyway, I cant plow this winter but I think Ill try to get a few shoveling jobs. I have mowed lawns for a few people and most are elderly people who could care less when the snow gets moved, so I can do some before school but wont have a problem finishing after school Im thinking if I have some people I have lined up ask around I can get a few houses to take care of. Anyway, what would you guys suggest for a medium duty blower. I have a John Deere, but it cant handle anything heavy or wet. I dont want to spend much at all, but I think if i can shovel for a month I can get a little more $$ for a nicer blower.

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Now that Ive reread this, I realize that I really dont need any advice, Im rather just incredibily bored and wanted to say somthing. :sleeping:

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im bored too,..... how do you feel about the upcoming winter?

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Bend at the knees if your going to shovel!:waving:

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Turn your whole body to throw the snow also.

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

YAY! REPLIES! :D Ive heard we are in for a good one! A cold one too, that means plenty of ice fishing!

Thanks Tim, Next spring ill be wesport

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Hi GV, your the new guy right? Wasnt there a good storm up your way a while back?:p

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Oh boy dont get him started!:cry:

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10. karol

karol Senior Member

shovel

Get him to shovel for you.

Big-Booey-Foot.jpg