1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blowing rates

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, I'm pretty new to this. I'm trying to figure out my rates. Do you guys do a monthly rate or a per time rate? I was thinking monthly like between 75-150 for my residiential accounts. The reason I am thinking of this is because I don't like it when you get a ton of snow, and people don't wanna pay you enough to remove it. But, at the same time, people may think that they are getting ripped off. I was thinking about doing a refund policy where if it doesn't snow for a month they get their money back. What do you guys all think about this?
  2. Brant'sLawnCare

Hey, someones gotta have some advice. I'd really apperciate help from the pros.
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'd like to help you out but I really don't understand what you're asking. And the whole refund thing confuses me as well. Sorry...
  4. tnash

tnash Junior Member

Why would you refund money? The monthly fee is a retainer for your time, you wouldnt give back a pay check after a 40 hr week would you? If you dont like being paid for work you didnt do, work out a per event rate. This way customers only pay when it snows.
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I only do per event prices, that way it is fair to everyone. As far as giving a refund for no snow, that would be a big no!

As far as a monthly price goes, figure how many snow events you have a season, then figure how much you need per event, then multiply those together, and divide by the number of months. Nov Dec Jan Feb and Mar. :D

If you go that route people will know what it will cost each month no matter what, and remember if it doesn't snow don't refund their money.
  6. jseasonal

jseasonal Junior Member

I charge monthly and per time for some of my accounts. If it doesn't snow they don't get their money back, they are paying for a service just like everything else. If you want to give them there money back that's mighty white of you, how do you pay your bills then? personally i wouldn't do it.
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

I see what you all mean about the refund thing. I was just a little worried about being called a theif. But a service is a service.
  8. Brant'sLawnCare

Do my monthly rates seem a little low, or are they alright? I know that 15/ time is really low. I didn't know what to charge last year. I think I should charge around 25 each time I have to come, and then $10 each time I have to salt. Do these prices sound better?
  9. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

is that per time u plow or per day i've did some driveways 3 times a day