1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blowing rates?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by FiNaL, Dec 4, 2005.

1. FiNaL

FiNaL Junior Member
    from OHIO

I was going to do a search but it did not work. I was wondering what do you guys that do snow blowing charge? Whats your starting rate? When do you go out after 2 or 3 inchs of snow? Also whats a good way to get customers? I am looking to get under 20 customers or so. I have found it that most people wait until it snows and then call because i have only had a handful of calls so far. thanks for any info

1 more thing if i charge $25 to clear a small driveway and then they want salting to how much do you charge for that extra?

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i dont know about pricing...i would have to say come up with what you want an hour and then charge by how long it will take you figure in gas for your blower and for your truck or suv and then think of time....driveways we go out with 2in...say it snows in the middle of the night i wont go out till 3am tho b.c i know by the time im done all they are ready for work....and on the salting end...i charge by the LB. $0.25/LB it all depends on who your dealing with....

$5.00 for a 50LB bag.
    $0.25 x 50LB = $12.50 - $5.00 = $7.50profit