1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowing Rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VALLEYWIDEPA, Oct 25, 2004.

from pa

What do you guys charge for snow blowing walk ways only in your avg complex

i need rates for
    0.2 - 1.5 rock slat only
    1.5 - 5.0
    5.1 - 9.0
    9.1 - 13.0
    13.1 - 17.0
    17.1 inches or more

i also need to know what you pay your snow shovelers/snow blowers per hour
  2. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

some help

WEll, I can't answer all your questions, but here goes:

As far as how much to pay your snowblowers/shovelers: Here in MI it varies greatly. when I was up at school (MSU) a few years ago, my neighbor had a company that paid $10/hr. This was in a college town and that kind of money was big for around E. Lansing...huge demand for jobs. I drove home to Rochester, MI and made $20/hr. The going rate around here in SE MI can range from $12-20. So, $15 would put you right in the middle around here.

As far as charging for blowing. Go walk the sidewalks REALLY slow. Figure out how many passes it would take, and don't forget walking back to the truck, loading, unloading etc. Figure your time and multiply it by the hourly rate you're shooting for!

Hope I helped!
  3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

$10-14per hour for my guys.

All of my commercials with sidewalk snow removal as part of the contract are a 2" trigger. Salt before and after the storm.
    So I can't help you with the bigger numbers..