1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NINOBROW, Nov 4, 2004.

NINOBROW Junior Member

Whats the best walk-behind snow blower on the market today? I need to buy one this week, something like 27" width with maybe a 10 to 13 hp motor.
  2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

We go through 1 or 2 a season and I like anything with a Honda motor. They seem to start easier and typically have a low oil alarm.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Yes definitely look for a blower with a low oil pressure switch, you will be glad that you did instead of having to put a new engine on in the middle of the season or trying to buy a new snow blower in the middle of a snow storm.
    You will never be able to find one like I tried three years ago.

Nino, where in VA are you located. Im in Manassas.

P.S. I just had to replace a 8hp briggs & straton engine on my walk behind blower because it was older and did not have the low oil switch. Engine was just under $480.00 with shipping. All of my Honda powered small equipment has the low oil switches installed and the new blower engine has it also.

NINOBROW Junior Member

Ok, who makes them with Honda motors on them? Got any good web site I could goto?

P.S. Mow Me Over I'm in Lynchburg VA
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004