1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoway63, Oct 28, 2011.

1. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I need to get a good snow blower for my commercial lots this yr and was hoping some of you have experience in them.I need a large 2 stage, just not sure which brand either husqarvanna or a commercial craftsman, with the husqarvanna i have a service shop nearby so leaning towards that brand any ideas Thanks

2. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Anyone use Snowblowers

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 Junior Member

why do you need a large 2 stage blower? Do you have that much snow to blow? I have two 221QR Toro blowers that do a great job and so far I have not found anything they cant handle. I have a smaller blower that has problems with heavy wet snow. I have yet to find a need for a 2 stage blower.

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Buy from the guys who would be fixing it if there was a problem.

5. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

first a two stage moves alot more snow and heavy snow alot quicker and easier, not to mention its for commercial work and i believe in going bigger so i wouldnt need multiple blowers, gonna go with the husquarvanna since i can get easy service quickly

6. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I just bought a new JD 1330SE for $1599. Solid steel auger and impeller. I think the husky comparison was $1400ish Nice machine, first season though. Husky has some nice machines in 30" but not solid steel guts, so i was afraid they wouldn't hold up to the abuse and my local dealer in the boston area states he can get JD parts quicker. The JD dealer didn't even know the difference, so make sure you get solid guts, so when you suck in the kids toy truck it breaks instead of the blower. Good luck and let us know.

7. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

I run 2 stage ariens blowers and they work great for heavy deep snow. I also have multiple toro single stages and they are great for lighter snow and cleaning up after the majority is gone.

I would NOT go with craftsman, even if it is labeled "commercial"

8. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I have one contract with 2 long concrete blaconies 250x5. I would like a small gas single stage that is easy to carry op the stairs. Any ideas.

9. leon

leon Senior Member

The best two stage snow casters are gear driven.

As you are close to a dealer you are able to get servive quickly BUT The issue is operating hours and snow load.

A BCS or GRILLO two wheel tractor both of which are gear driven offer high strength gear final drives as well as gear driven snow caster attachments.

The BCS or GRILLO with the BCS branded Gear Driven BERTA snow caster from Italy is heavy and will NOT ride up on snow piles as a the others will as it is heavy and very well built and have very aggressive cross augers.

The other big advantage is the two wheel tractor can use a sweeper for light snow falls and alos spread salt and sand with fertiliser attachment.

A two wheel tractor will have more utility for you the round as you can mount a flail mower on them and many other attachments.

That said you may want to examine the 8 horse power BCS tractor for your useage.

It all depends on what you can afford and your business volume.

The gentleman that owns and operates earrth tools sets up and operates the 2 wheel tractors for several hours prior to turning them over to the purchaser to assure they will work properly for the customer that buys them.

www.earthtoolsbsc.com

10. leon

leon Senior Member

single stage snow casters

Please look at Consumer Reports to find a single stage snow caster, they will have the reviews for these machines.

11. DodgerFan

DodgerFan Senior Member

I run the same never any problems with either but also consider what kind of dealer service is in your area. I Wouldn't have a craftsman if they gave it to me!