1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by R&R Yard Design, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Do any of you folks run the Honda single stage blowers at all. The parts guy said to try them out any input on them.
  2. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

My neighbor has two and likes them. They look just like the Toro's but just with a Honda engine. and cost more.
  3. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Honda 520 single blower quietest and easiest to start of all the single stage blowers. Bit heavier than the Toros don't really care for that long chute handle but that can be cut down if one wants to fiddle and mod it. This unit went to my 85 year old dad since it is so easy to start.

I prefer the Toro single stage blowers. Quick shoot Power curve models are faster "more productive" than the Honda 520 and you don't have to lift up on the back to get them to propel themselves. Quick shoot model will benefits from disassembling the mechanism and proper lubrication including cables...so they don't freeze up. Single Toros will also fit in smaller space if needed with the handles folding down etc. For a homeowner not a big deal on the speed issue but when you have a stack of accounts the added speed and a tad less weight makes a difference in day.

If only Toro would bring back the 3000 series snow commander with a Quick shoot.

I also have the Honda Track drive 1132 2-stage but that is my $3k traction ballast weight blower.....only come off the truck in nasty conditions [where single blowers struggle] that warrant to added time to off load with ATV ramps.

As much as I like Honda cars, motor cycles, GX series engines, 2 stage snow blowers etc. I believe Toro has the single blower market cornered.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010