1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowers...What do you like?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RedArrow, Jul 29, 2011.

1. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Hi Guys,

Everyone has an opinion, so please share. I am in the need for a good, reliable snow blower to do walk ways. I have a 30" two stage that has been reliable but it is too big. I need something easily thrown in the back of the truck and carried up and down some landings that need to be cleared. A little too much area for a shovel, but not enough for a monster blower. My main concern is reliabilty. When I pull the cord, I want it to start. These will be short cylces, really not giving it alot of time to run warm which always causes grief. Any thoughts?ussmileyflag
  2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Toro single stage for me.
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

use the search function this topic has been discussed many times. toro works good for me as well
  4. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

Toro single stage they are light and can take abuse
    i ran 2 of them throu out the storms last season and they took the abuse.
    dont get me wrong in deep snow like we had it was a lot of manual labor pushing and shoving these blowers but when we had a 6 in storm they went thru it like butter
  5. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Toro single stage. 2 stroke models. Those are all i will run besides the big ariens.
  6. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

A nice two stage, Im a snapper man my self.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Honda single stage.