1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blowers and the ramps you use

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Looking to add a snow blower to the arsenal this year and wanted to know what you guys use for ramps. I have a 09 ford f250 reg cab (dont have the height from tailgate to pavement atm) and wanted to know what would work the best. Probably going to get a 24 or 26" blower to clear walk ways as everyone asks if I can shovel the walks as well and it seems to determine if I get the job or not. So what type of ramp should I be looking for? I know safe doesnt mean quickest to set up/take down but maybe a full minute designated to getting the blower up n down? Not looking to take a spill or have the blower fall.

also what do you guys think for blowers? Ariens? Steel shoot a must? Agakn this would b used for walk ways.

2. Aod services

Aod services Junior Member

Looking to do the same , I'll keep watch for answers !

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I adding one but I don't think I will use a ramp My Flat beds are high I was thinking a swing hoist with a electric winch The truck will be using will have a hitch spreader and bags of Icemelt So the front will be open. That's the plan but everybody knows 80% time plan never works.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

5. erebus

erebus Junior Member
    from ny

Look into a single stage blower. They do a great job and are a lot easier to load and unload. With that said. I have used my aluminum bi-fold atv ramps that I purchased at Lowes. I like that they have the ladder rungs, which I feel helps keep the blower from sliding when coverd with snow.
    John

6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

7. Antlerart06

Yes single stage blower are easy to load I look at biggest one you can buy and I can still pick it up by hand I may go that route to but I'm still buying a 2 stage blower to have on hand

8. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

i use a reciever type platform with its own ramp on it and works really good to load and unload snowblower from.
    mine fits up to a 32" wide . only thing to remember its back there when plowing with the truck ,plus back up camera
    works good to see how close backing up to objects behind you.

9. ducnut

ducnut Junior Member

10. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Ducnut,
    I have one of those ramps brand new in the box. Never used do to health reasons. If you are interested, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Valk

11. ducnut

ducnut Junior Member

Whew! I'm guessing the shipping would be scary.

12. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Yeah, shipping would be an issue. Just threw it out there, ya never know.

13. ducnut

ducnut Junior Member

I live in 62568 zip code, if you want to check shipping. I can't PM you, as I don't have enough posts. You can call me at two one seven-eight two seven-six two nine five.

The one you have is the basket style that's shown here?

14. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Ducnut, I was out of town this past weekend, just now catching up. I will check out the shipping and let you know what I find out.

15. ducnut

ducnut Junior Member

No worries. Thank you.

16. rebert

rebert Senior Member

Where in PA are you,i may be interested if its still available

17. Antlerart06

18. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Ducnut,
    I checked into shipping to your area, It was more than half the cost of carrier itself. :eek: Don't think that will work.:(

19. Valk

Valk Junior Member
    from S.E. PA

Rebert,
    I am in Montgomery county near Pottstown.

20. rebert

rebert Senior Member

how much are you asking for it? im in bucks co, live in warminster work in langhorne