1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blowers along for the ride

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by goodlivin33, Oct 29, 2011.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

we carry snow blowers specifically toro power lite's in the back of our plow trucks and after a couple hours doing commercial plowing we get to the walks and they wont start...so what we did this year is to turn the intake cup by the carb upside down as to not let it gther blowing snow in it ....what do you think????
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Is that still a problem with these things? We used to have the same issue with the older JD single stages, and yes, we ended up doing exactly the same thing
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I always just started them up at the shop and then again on the truck to let them warm up for a few min. half way through plowing.
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

You could probably just shove something into the intake to keep the snow out also.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I've never had the issue. All I use is Toro 3650. Just missed another one today on CL for $100, "just like new".