1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blowers 50% Off

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOMBER, Feb 8, 2006.

BOMBER Member

All the local Lowes and Home Depots in RI and nearby Mass area are selling off their snowblower stock for 50% off, may go even lower $$$. :dizzy:

also at Lowes, the Snow Bear Plows were going for $850.00 on sale, regularly $1200.00
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I went to Home Depot today and bought a Ariens 7524 blower for $379.00 +tax. Can't beat that. 50% off. They were selling like crazy.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

I'll Stop by tomorrow and see if they have anything here in NJ. If they do, im in..
  4. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I was at home depot last week and couldn't believe the sale on them and now they are 50% off, now that proves that this winter sucks :realmad:
  5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I really think that happens every year because the need to make room for the spring items...
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Not exactly, As Camland says they DO do this every year. It's cheaper than sending them back or storing them until next winter. There is no reflection on the winter.
  7. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

True, but I don't think they start slashing prices until later, technically this is still mid-winter. Also when they start slashing they usually don't have 80% of their inventory still remaining. I'm going to check it out. I've got a 5hp and a 9hp, but I'd like to add a lightweight single stage, to hopefully replace my shovel 80% of the time.
  8. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Wonder if they will cancel sale when they see snow in the forecast for this weekend and then maybe next weekend also. The first one looks like a good one!
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have about 9 blowers already but for a few hundred each for new ones I might just add a few more. I could sell my ones that are 3 years old and replace them with new ones and maybe wind up with no out of pocket outlay!
  10. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

"I have about 9 blowers already but for a few hundred each for new ones I might just add a few more. I could sell my ones that are 3 years old and replace them with new ones and maybe wind up with no out of pocket outlay!"

Good Call!!
  11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I picked up two Ariens 9hp machines for $500 each and 2 8hp Yard Machines for $350 each. They have a monster 32" 13hp Ariens for $890 that I am thinking about, but it is really BIG! Any body interested in some "slightly used" blowers in the $100-$200 range? PM me...
  12. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Don't bother at the Depot in Garden City or Elmont FYI- they're all out!
  13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Ditto for New Jersey, I just called 8 stores looking for more and they are all out!
  14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Just picked a Toro 3.5 horse electric start for $199.00. I had bought one in December for $400.00. Never hurts to get a good deal to make your day a little brighter.:D
  15. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Both Bridgewater,NJ stores sold out of gas units they had few electric ones.
  16. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 Junior Member

Home Depot sale

I went to the local Home Depot last night and picked up a Honda HS520 single stage for $374.00 They claimed it was 50% off, but I don't think so. I also hope it eliminates the majority of my shoveling. Grizzly
  17. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Grizzly, They had one of those hondas left at the home depot by me last night marked down to 325 bucks. I dont need anymore machines but was going to grab it just because it was so cheap. I asked them to hold it while I went home to get my truck....unfortunatly something came up and i wasnt able to go back untill this morning. Of course it was gone.......

I did get an Ariens 9Hp last year for 500 dollars also in FEB there.
  18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I think they are right, those single stage hondas are expensive. Dad wants to go buy one of them monster 23/13 ariens for $850 since our HDs have them. Anyone here that cuts grass, check your HD for last years models that they kept over the winter. I got a really good deal on one i bought two weeks ago!
  19. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey MCW...

I am dying to get the 13hp too! My local Home Depot has 2. They are monsters! The only thing holding me back is that they might be too wide to fit on the ramp on the back of my truck. let me know if your Pop gets one...
  20. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Nj Plowman

Could you send me a pic or two of the ones you've got for $100-200 range.
    I'm not in immediate need for one, but I think I would possibly pick up another for a backup.

I was at home depot yesterday, they were selling $1000 ariens machines for $499 cash & carry. They sold the last 13 they had in 6 hours.