1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sjones, Nov 19, 2009.

1. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Looking for a quality light weight snow thrower for walk ways. Tired of shoveling but need to take in and out of the back of truck any sugg.
  2. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

From what I've read here and other places Toro is the way to go. They have a few different models to choose from. I just bought a Toro 221Q last week for doing walks, as soon as the snow get here I'll be able to try it out. I think it weighs 72lbs, just as easy as throwing a bag of concrete in the bed.
  3. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Toro makes a great snowblower----I have had mine for almost 13 years and the only things I have done is 2 plugs and the scraper/paddles. Will buy another one when this one needs to be replaced. Good luck on your purchase and plowing this year!!!
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

find an old toro powerlite. they are 16", like 40lbs and you can lift them over a truck bed. almost impossible to kill one of these. the new ones are heavier and wider and more expensive ..... I'm sure their good but, not for flipping over a truck bed.
  5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcom to Plow Site.
    This has been discussed many times and from what I remember, ScottL has the idea what a lot of guys have been talking about. Like he said, the newer ones are a lot heavier than the old ones. Specially if you have to take it in and out of the truck a hundred times a day.

Good luck
  6. Palmeron18

Palmeron18 Junior Member

I agree that Toro made a good blower. Chevy made a good truck. However,in my inexperienced opinion, lots of things were made good. Cub Cadet and john deere used to be made well too. I have a lot of small engine equipment and for what is made today, the only engines that ive bought within the past decade that start 1st pull, every time, are the honda's. Im going with a Honda blower this year. As always, with any equipment, its the dealer support thats the most important. IMO
  7. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

toro is the way to go
  8. BellsGT

BellsGT Junior Member

Hey there Palmeron18. Didn't know you were planning on getting the bizz a honda blower. tires or tracks? and weight? for gettin in and out of the dumps?
  9. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

toro for sure
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I'd say toro snow blowers too for the single stages. I have one, broke the choke off it though. I prefer 2 stage though. Depends on what kind of sites your working with.
  11. rcallese

rcallese Junior Member

Toro toro toro
  12. knpc

knpc Senior Member
    from MA

I used my new Toro 221Q for the first time today and it worked great. We got 5'' of wet snow that later changed to rain and it through it without a problem, even when it was just shooting slush. It was also easy to load in and out of the truck all day and best of all my back isn't f***ed up from shoveling walks. Worth every penny!