1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by karl klein, Mar 7, 2002.

?

what kind of snow blower

Poll closed Mar 21, 2002.
  1. large two stage

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. small single stage

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  3. shovel than plow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. pay a kid to plow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i currently own a two stage snowblower but it wont fit on my new plow truck with the vbox should i build a platform sence it is a flat bed or buy a single stage

2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I would go for a small single stage Toro cause these things can really throw snow and they aren't too expensive. Just my opinion.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Buy a singal stage Toro. I have a 10' flat bed and a 1.5 yrd v box. I made 2 wood frames, 1 for each side, from the head board to the front of the sander fastened to a stake pocket on each side. My blower sets inbetween the 2 wood frames in front of the sander. The one on the driver side is smaller, easy to lift up out of the way to unload the blower. I have a plastic box with a cover that holds 2 ,1 gal gas cans that fits in the frame on the passanger side. When I'm not plowing I carry my chains in the frame on the driver side. Cheap and easy.

Gene