1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLMaint., Oct 24, 2005.

1. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

I have had a few customers ask about clearing the sidewalks and walkways also when we come and plow the drive. We have a couple of large blowers, but with the salt spreader on we need a small unit that can be lifted off the truck (2 people) , what is a good reliable small unit (under 100#) that would do the job.
    Thank You.

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Do a search on this site for "snow blower", I just did a ton of threads came up, you'll find more info then you know what to do with.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site :redbounce

3. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Check out the Torro 3650 6.5hp Snow Blowers ,they have larger ones also

I have three, one for each truck

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have had excellent luck with the small TORO's that used the rubber scraper/paddles. we have used the comm. for years, keep up with the maint. and they should work perfectly.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

why not use ramps and unload a larger one from the bed of a pickup?

I sorta fit 2 32" huge commercial simplicities in my long bed ford... tailgate stays down, even with a high rise cap on the back, they fit in there :)

6. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

If what you're saying is that you want something you can lift over the side of the bed then I wish you luck. I have a 5HP that my mother uses and it would be a bit much to get it over the side and on the ground just because it is too bulky.

I wish you luck though, if anyone can help you they will definately be found here.

7. JTW

JTW Senior Member

A shovel :cool:

8. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

WE use toro powerlites they can be lifted with one arm, but throw snow very fair.