1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bigb40319, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

ok guys so i have been doing this for a few years now and we have a few different snow blowers for when we do our lots to clear the side walks also like 1/2 a mile in a developmental we do. just can find one that is reliable the tensioner pulley for the auger just keep bending and tearing threw belts and its the same on our airens and our snappers. trying to see what u guys are using and recommend thanks
  2. bmac32

bmac32 Member
    from 19083

i have a troy bilt that work great
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

go Honda or go home.
  4. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

I know a guy who bought a honda 8 24 last year. it's the biggest piece of crap $2400. ever bought. just an observation.
  5. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I really don't like the larger commercial snowblowers. There to heavy and clumsy. I'm used to very large heavy hand tools and these machines run like crap. Your quest follows the same path as mine :cry:. I'm just looking for a decent 28" one.
  6. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I use Ariens 13-32 and they work good. The sheet metal in the front gets bent, the throttle eventually falls down slightly and you need to bunjee to keep it up, the electric shoot is sh** - first thing I do is get a manual one, and you need to replace the single auger belt with a dual setup. That being said, it worked the whole storm
  7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I've got the Honda two stage wheeled (the tracked one is a POS, don't buy that one) and it's almost 20 years old at this point
    still starts on 2 pulls, works fine.

I use the Honda single stage most of the time and it's great up to 8/10 inches or so

two pulls
    after sitting all summer.
  8. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blower etc.

If you examine The BCS or Grillo 2 wheel tractors
    they use gear drive and you can have a single or
    two stage snow blower.:drinkup::waving:
  9. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

why not try a quad with a blade
  10. Bigb40319

Bigb40319 Member

thanks guys and i have been looking at the hondas also but i was something that doesnt have a belt to power the auger we r on a 5 lane high way so a quad doesnt make it threw the heavy slush and ice and thats y we tear threw belts