1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower V8 MAX!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FisherVMan, Feb 24, 2010.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Not sure if you have all seen this machine or not but if wet sticky snow is your problem this week and your blower seams to run outta steam when you really need it to perform then this little gem may be your answer? She is a little loud with a normal 92db at idle and considerable more with rpms. She started life as a 454 ci and puts out 412hp and 430of torque so it will handle ANY snow you put in front of it [or anything else!]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Check it out!

2. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

That's great

3. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Fire that bad boy up at your resi's at 4am, neighbors will love it!

4. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

This things been up here a lot , but some how i always find myself lookin at the pics and sayin wow if only i had one of those. :) It does seem to need bigger tires tho and tracks would be tits for it.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's not a big block Chevy :mechanic:

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Looks like one to me.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Look at the exhaust port spacing.

8. doubleedge

doubleedge Member
    from ND

Most of the time, my Ariens fills up with snow before it bogs down, so I don't know how that big, inefficient, expensive, and loud engine would help. With that huge differential in the center, I doubt that the snow can even efficiently get to the impeller.

9. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

lol i argued it was a bbc then someone pointed the exhaust spacing.

10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

So what is it a small block chevy?it`s not Ford or B.O.P. I see no distributer up front.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes. They changed the port spacing to get the intake runner lengths as consistent as possible.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Buick distributors were up front. Olds/Pontiac in back like Chevy.

13. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Appears to be a big block Chevy with the wrong headers. Look at the front of the heads, nothing else is cast like that. And the factory square-head plugs screwed into the ends, never seen any other with those same plugs. Also, distributor in back and oil filter location are clues.