1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower spreader attachment

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Tikitak, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Tikitak

Tikitak Junior Member

Ariens sells a salt speader that can go on the back of a snow blower. I was wondering if I could get reviews here because I can't find much anywhere else. The item is called Ariens MeltBuddy Spot Spreader ussmileyflag
  2. Chicago Dave

Chicago Dave Junior Member
    from chicago

I saw that set up at home depot looks like a joke to me, way to small to do anything
  3. minnesnowda

minnesnowda Junior Member

Hi Dave,

The new MeltBuddy is intended for use on Ariens SnoThro units to dispense icemelt product on sidewalks and driveways, etc. I've got one on my old Simplicity and my sister just put one on a Toro. This can be useful for homeowners and residential operators to clear snow and dispense icemelt in one pass. Less time out in the cold - and safer footing. I don't recomend it for big jobs. As you know, there are tailgate units that also for ATV's and trucks for the bigger jobs. But this is the first I've seen that works on a snowblower.
  4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons Junior Member

Buy yourself a Rubbermaid tub and a bird feed scoop to get the melter out of the tub. Cheaper and you control the amount put down.
  5. minnesnowda

minnesnowda Junior Member

Bet you still use a scrub board too (wink)

Bet you use a scrub board too - or maybe a rock in the stream :laughing:

Rubbermaid makes a good product but you better make sure that tub has a lid on it so the icemelt doesn't get wet -
    and the MeltBuddy has a hand trigger that lets me drop the icemelt just where I want it.
  6. Yetti

Yetti Junior Member
    from Alaska

Meltbuddy to the rescue

There is more icemelt capacity in my Meltbuddy as there was in my antique crank hand spreader. And I can spread the icemelt as I clear the snow. It worked so well for me as a snow professional I purchased one for each of our machines. My guys love em.