1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower recommendations / where to buy ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dogplow Dodge, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Today my Toro 726 TE bit the dust. I'd really like another Toro because of the track record this one had. THe quick stick is a great benefit as well.

Anyone have a recommendation for a powerful snow blower (2 stage) that throws like my toro did ? That sucker would throw the snow 25' in the air and eat ice chunks like it was candy...

So... more importantly, where in the state of NJ can I find a snow blower right before a storm ?

EVERYONE IS SOLD OUT ! Stupid not to buy one during the summer when they were practically giving them away.

Just a few specs....

Commercial grade only, as I would like it to LAST.
    4 cycle preferred as I'm done with smelling burning oil.
    Minimum 26" width , but it needs to be rather tall to take on the larger piles.

so NO Home Depot / box store recommendations.. Thanks..

TIA

2. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

That's a 2 stroke right? I put up a post about Snow blowers yesterday as well. I had a really Old Ariens that locked up solid. I brought it in and its done! The place had two left but was crazy expensive because he had them and guys needed them. Even Snowblower directs inventory is low at this point. So my guys are shoveling...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  3. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yes it is a smoker. It functions fantastic... or it did until it went haywire yesterday. Ever hear of a Runaway ???

It's when the governor weights don't retract in a rotary fuel pump (diesel) and no matter what you do, you can't turn it off. Well, this is what happened to my blower when I put it in the truck yesterday. It started screaming and went bezerk. After choking the motor out, I noticed the muffler had broken / screws fell out, it was flopping around behind the shroud. IMO, it's too old to repair, but I'm sure it could be.... I'm just not interested in throwing money into an older machine, as it tends never to last long afterwords.

I guess no one here, other than you and I, have any experience with snow throwers.... huh ?

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Wise Sales...free shipping & I've gotten blowers very fast from them.

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Thanks. Looks to be a good outfit. Bookmarked them for future use.

I placed my order with a local distributor and I ordered this. Local because they include warranty of labor / parts for 3 full years after purchase. Can't beat that, I guess.

http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner...ges/Model.aspx?pid=Power-Max-HD-926-OXE-38664

Supposedly coming in via truck tomorrow, but then again, the HUGE MONSTER STORM for this weekend was just a practical joke, so I won't be needing it anyway...