1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower ramps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nor'easter1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Men's and Ladies I thin I am having a senior moment. Building ramps for snow blower to put in mu f350. Any ideas of how to secure the ramps with out drilling into the tail gate. Worried backing off the beast the ramps will slide out and kaboom no blower all pine handling. any pric's or suggestions would be great. Let snow fall!!!!!

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Noreaster I just use a set of those ramp kits you can pick up at any lumber yard, and attach a pair of 2X6's to them. I have never had a problem with them slipping, and have even used them for riding lawn mowers, and dirt bikes, as well as my snow blower

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Wally World sells the kits for $20 or so. They do work awesome and don't slip.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I just use M/C ramps or ATV ramps and they have never slipped
    just drive the snowblower right up.

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Ramparts is the brand name I believe, and I've seen them at Sears, Pepboys, Harbor Freight also.

Another choice is to make an adjustable cable for each ramp with a hook that attaches to your hitch chain holes. You slide the ramp just forward of where it needs to be, hook the cable to hitch and pull your ramp back into place. You adjust the cable length so the ramp cant move any farther back than where the "rampart" ramp end rests securely against the tailgate. A screw eye can hook cable to ramp, and a ubolt clamp on either end can serve to make it adjustable.