1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by theiss2200, Feb 27, 2008.

1. theiss2200

theiss2200 Junior Member

I have a toro 7/24 and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make it shoot the snow farther then it does and also if someone can help me with anything I should do to keep it running strong and reliable.

2. santaclause

santaclause Member

have you checked the blower belt to see if it is worn or stretched?theres not alot to blowers keep them greased make sure the oil in the engine is toped off and keep good fresh clean gas in it run some cleaner every once in awhile thru the gas tank.I have a toro myself a power shift 1332 and thing is 9 yrs old and had my first breakdown with it this year the drive chain broke other than that she runs good and works good.make shure in the fall before you use look it over really well change anything questionable and lube evrything up cables linkages,check worm gear oil I personally use synthetic oil in my toro starts alot easier......

3. theiss2200

theiss2200 Junior Member

do you know anywhere to find out more info on these snowblowers? I know i ran cleaner through it yesterday and put new gas in with dry gas just in case. but I also just bought it and i don't know much about it at all.
    thanks