1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower, or W/B with snow blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by buttaluv, Dec 14, 2003.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

I am just now doing some snow removal work, I mow during the summer and some of the people I mow for asked me to clear their sidewalks and driveways (small driveways)..now I have never investigated snowblowers at all, I was just thinking of getting a craftsman or something, but I also want to get a new walk behind mower next summer, and I know Exmark has a snow blade for those..so should I kill 2 birds with one stone or would the W/B be a waste of money (I just wonder how would handle a 6" snow)? Does a snowblower move pretty fast (depending on the size and all)? I will probably have 6 or so accounts but something portable and fast would be nice. Thanks fella's:help:
  2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

where are you located? what are your snows like? deep or shallow? wet or dry? icy drives? any inclined drives?

The mower is alot cheaper this time of year than in spring. I've heard the blade works fine if snow is not too deep & wet would probably do fine in 6" if it's dry. The blade is made by RAD Tech and they also make a snowblower for the eXmark w/b's. Go to www.exmark.com and look in the accesories section. I'd be after a Turf Tracer or Turf Tracer HP with the snowthrower attachment. Would not recommend a belt drive mower in snow. Hydro will get lot more traction and more maneuverable, has better drivetrain for pushing loads, etc. Besides, who would actually cut grass with a belt drive :eek: ;) j/k :p