1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower or plow for atv

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ripple, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Ripple

Ripple Member

Well...I am now in the market to add either a snow blower or put a plow on my atv. One of my new accounts wants 600' of sidewalk cleared. Just curious what yall think would be better....plow on atv or snowblower?
    The sidewalk in questions is 6' wide

2. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Hands down ATV w/plow. It will save you tons of time.

3. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I have a 4' blade on the front of a Plolaris 700 Twin. I attach a 175lb. pull behind spreader to salt the walks.
    I choose it hands down over a blower.
    The only down side is that they aren't very agile.

4. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

Ditto, I sub out a ATV w/plow for some condo's I do.

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I use a 10HP Husqvarna Snowblower for walks and anything I can't get at with my plow. Nice unit.

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've owned both. I think the blower does a real pretty job, but the ATV is way faster and more fun. Also cost 10 times more. My 700 had a five foot plow that wasnt big enough. Nothing could stop it. If time is a big deal I'd recommend the ATV, but the blower will pile snow real high, if you need to by the end of the winter you should still be able to throw it up over the snowbanks, where as the ATV might eventually run out of places to put the snow. Some people think snowblowers are more dangerous, but they are not, because you can't roll one over doing donuts in the street ;>