1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower on Residential ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SilvaXXIII30, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

Snow Blower on Residential ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much would you charge for Residential Snow Removal using a snow blower?
    How much for Monthly and for Everytime?

One Car Driveway $
    Two Car Driveway $

about 2 car length ?

Because some people wont want plows on there driveways.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

what ever your time is worth X length of time to do it.

3. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

What if I wanted to bill them monthly as opposed to everytime?

4. tom_mccauley

Rate "per push" X number of times plowed during billing period.

5. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

Sorry I ment more like a salary? Monthly

6. tom_mccauley

Or just get them to sign a seasonal contract which is.....$xxx.xx for the season, say 11-01-08 to 04-30-09

7. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

so how much for the season you'd say?

8. tom_mccauley

That is a very open ended question!. I don't know what you need to make to cover your expenses like insurance,gas,oil,time etc.... oh, and profit!. Prices vary dramatically from city to city. It could range from $25.00-$100.00 or more, just hard to say.ussmileyflag

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Ask around your town to see what people are paying and go from there.
    Every town is different on pricing.

10. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know where you are from since I have never heard of Mississauga but here in Southwestern MI I aim for about $250 for the season to plow a normal driveway. If they wanted it snowblown, I would add another 50% (minimum) of that I think, upping it to $375. And that was if I even had time to mess with unloading, gassing up, and loading the snowblower. My reasoning is that it would take a lot longer and would require more equipment. Are you going to be plowing at all? Honestly, I don't think I'd even do it unless I didn't have a plow at all. Plus, it's cold outside!

You would probably have to at least double it to break even on that one.

12. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

I live in Canada ,10 minutes aways from Toronto...

13. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I hear guys in the GTA are wanting around $500 per season to plow and double drive and clear the steps. If you are snowblowing you should be able to add a few more $ to that.

14. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

I was thinking 200 a month without salt and 250 a month with salt for a double car driveway

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Sh!!t I live in the wrong place.

16. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

lol why you say that

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We charge $300 for a 2 car wide drive for the season.

18. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

And it Snows alot more there too I bet?, 300 is to cheap I think I would say at least 500 - 600 for the season, When I worked with my orther company I went out at least 20 times last season

If you put $25 to clean the driveway Times 20 for how many times you gonna be cleaning the driveway its gonna be $500 - Plus SALT , you could include it with the price or seprate it also depends how you salt....

If it was $300 for the season, divided by 20 for how may times your gonna be cleaning up the driveway your only doing the driveway for $15.

tymusic

19. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I wish, you have no idea. Last year 100 times. Let me ask you this, how many times whould you have gone out 2 years ago. Or better yet what was the average, the last 5 years not including last year.

20. SilvaXXIII30

SilvaXXIII30 Member

I only worked snow for 3 years with my landscaping company, 4 in the summer and 3 in the winter, the first year was the best it hardly snowed I went out maybe 10 times the second was got worse about 15 - 20 times and last year 20 - 25 times...

The last year I worked about 230 hrs if you put that 8 hrs a day lets say.. it would be 30 times i went out, but alot of those day were long hrs

So i said 20-25 times I went out basically

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008