1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow blower needed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by captbo, Mar 18, 2003.

1. captbo

captbo Senior Member

who makes a good light industrial grade blower and were do you buy them?
    Thanks Bo

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I think we need some more specifics. what do you want to use it on? you want a single or 2 stage blower?

3. captbo

captbo Senior Member

I have a 100'x10 and a 50'x50' area to keep clear , Hope this helps

4. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I would definently go with a two stage snow blower. Try areins at areins.com. They make real good equipment. Look for the 824 model.

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Do a search, this has been covered quite a few times, but for my money the honda 520 would work perfect for that size area if you need to hual it as well.
    If you can leave the blower on site, a toro or honda two stage are the best built units out there, with the edge to the honda simply cause of the engine. However they are pricey, you can pick up a two stage unit from the big retailers for unde a grand, but might not last more that 5 seasons.
    Dino

6. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I'd look into a commercial Simplicity also. I've got one and it is finally a blower that the college kids can use and not destroy on me.

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i have a 2 stage simplicity with a 9 hp snowking motor on it. i love it. cuts through snow like a tank.