1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow blower mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nickymaggs, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

Hello wonderfull people of plowsite .com,

Wondering if anyone has made a snow blower mount that attaches to their salt spreader? Heres the deal, I have a chevy 2500 truck with a buyers salt dogg 1500 spreader in the bed. I have a 21" single stage snow blower Toro Squall 2100. There is no room for the snow blower in the bed. I want to make a mount that attaches to the salt spreader on the back side near the spinner so i can just lift it on and of. Right now I attach it the the top of the salt sprader on the screen with rachet straps. It is to hard to take off and put on and i am afraid i will damage something. I have a few thoughts in my head on what i would like to do, just wondering if anyone has any ideas or pictures of things they use. Thanks in advance.
  2. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

we build ours using 2 4x4s under the back of spreader to the left and right of the motor above the spinner, We cut them to about 2 3/4" to squeeze perfectly under the spreader into the holes to each side of the motors above the spinner. then we fashioned 3/4" plywood on top of those to create a shelf, if you will, off the back around the motors and above the spinner. it easily holds a couple hundred pounds. Put some 2x6 around the plywood to attach safety stickers and our license plate. we secured it into the 2 holes by drilling some small pieces of 2X4 further under the spreader up toward the cab so it doesn't slide at all.
  3. Nickymaggs

Nickymaggs Junior Member
    from PA

Thats a little different than what I was planning but I think it will work better than what I had in mind. Thanks for the reply gonna give it a shot.
  4. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

My 21" toro pwer clear fits perfectly on the back cover of my blizzard ice chasher. I just fold the handles down and strap it all with rachet straps