1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Blower in Service

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chaser13114, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Chaser13114

Chaser13114 Senior Member

Heres the snowblower I just put in Service. Its a 9' Fair blower. tractor is 225HP but the blower will stall it if you feed it too fast. It shows a 12 protec on the front I have a 20' foldup protech that I bought for it but its pretty heavy. We tried it for the first time on a two foot lake effect storm last week. Wow can it push. I usually use a 922 Cat loader with a 12' protech but this thing does the job in half the time. Only problem is you can't stack it very high unless you turn around and blow it.

plowing 014.jpg
  2. Chaser13114

another angle

plowing 005.jpg
  3. Chaser13114

and another

plowing 007.jpg
  4. Chaser13114

5. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

That is a nice looking set up you got there. My buddies dad used to have one just like. I always loved to go over to his house and check it out. I like seeing pictures of big old tractors. Dont matter what brand, I like them all.
  6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

You'll be putting that to a lot of use. I see you're getting hammered again today. I'm down in Syracuse; my in-laws are in Oswego.

It seems like this snow will never end - we either get lake effect, drifting due to all of the wind when it's not snowing, or a Nor'easter.

The normal routine for most of the past month is to plow before going to work and plow when I get home.

Good luck!
  7. Chaser13114

You can say that again!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had crews on the road for 17 days in a row. Payroll this month is nearly triple Jan last year. The bad news is most of my accounts are seasonal so I'm taking it in the shorts.
    Well its a white out so back to plowing.
  8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I need something like that for my driveway.:nod: :rolleyes:
  10. Chaser13114

well, so far so good, I put this into service in the nick of time. Wev'e been hammered with 6-8 feet of snow in the last 48 hours. The blower is saving my !ss. My biggest problem now is I'm out of operators. They all want to go home and sleep.
  11. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Chaser, you have any probs running the duals on the tractor? I know a lot of guys take them off so the blower is outside the track of the tires...
  12. Chaser13114

I took them off last night. It pushes the 20 ' blade well with them but not worth a dam for blowing. Weve been blowing 44 of the last 48 hrs. Ive burned $600 in fuel in the last two days in this and we have atleast another day to go to get caught up.
  13. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

That is just a crazy amount of time you have in.:eek:
    I guess someone has to get all of the snow this year.:D
  14. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

what kind of hitch do you have for the protech. did you make it or buy it, can you send me some pictures of it, thanks, rob
  15. Chaser13114

I thought that question might pop up. We made it. I was very concerned with breaking thr tractor in half with the 20 on the front. We have a super heavy duty system we designed for it. I'll post some pics as soon as I can get them but bear with me. It going to be busy through the end of today maybe longer. My phone is ringing of the hook with requests to blow.

The frame is tied to the rear axle with 4 inch square tubing 1/4 inch wall and is a Minute mount. Well not a minute but it does come of with the pulling of four pins. It leaves just a few pieces still attached to the tractor. The blade is mounted the same as on a loader. two chain binders on each side and back out of it.

More to come
  16. Chaser13114

Hers a pic I had of it without the blade on

plowing 034.jpg
  17. snowpushn420

snowpushn420 Junior Member

I could'nt get a clear view but is that a 4955? If so it's about 200 horse out of the factory, but there's alot running around at 250/275..
  18. Chaser13114

Yes its a 4955

When we got it it was dynoed @225